Friday, July 20, 2012

Feeling Crafti

Before

The crafti bug hit me big yesterday.  I was given these awesome wooden letters when my babies were little to decorate for their room.  I had originally painted the letters and put pokadots on them....

I was on pintrest and I found the pin that showed scrapbook paper covered letters.  I was like ' OMG!! Why didn't I think of that!! '  So I found some scrapbook paper that I felt represented the babies a little bit.  I used Modge Podge to glue the paper to the letters and an exaco knife to remove the excess paper.  I'm pretty darn excited that I managed to avoid cutting myself with the knife!!    





After

I cut the pirate ship out while the paper was on the letter...not as easy I thought...
Above their beds

Poor Ian has nothing else to go with his letters...I'll have to make a trip to JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby to see if I can find some pirate type wood cuts like Zoe's butterflies and flowers.











Here's the link that I used to make the covered letters:
http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/whimsical-wall-decor.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment